Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting another's Outlook Calendar on my Outlook taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamelas

Technical User
Nov 11, 2001
AU
I need to access my boss's Outlook Calendar. At the moment I'm having to Open Another User's Folder (Calendar). However once upon a time I put a shortcut to his Calendar on my Outlook taskbar but I'm stumped as to how I did it!

We both have full permissions as delegates.

Thanks guys.

go to file/open/other users folders.
type in your boss name, chose folder and u should be right Thanks, Todd
When in doubt, kick 'er in the guts

Thanks Todd but that's what I'm doing at the moment. I'm just being lazy and want to avoid doing that by putting the shortcut on the outlook side bar.

I know how to put shortcuts on the bar from my own Outlook list (Tasks, Contacts, etc etc) just not somebody else's.

I'm sure I've done it in the past but I had to have Outlook reinstalled and it lost the sortcut.

Tks again.

oh sorry for misunderstanding. I am not sure, I can't personally stand the outlook shortcut bar, so never use it. Thanks, Todd
When in doubt, kick 'er in the guts

A little trick:
Open the other Calendar. Click File - Folder - Add to favourites.
Close the Calendar.
In your own outlook, open your Favourites by accessing My Documents or so (I cannot see how your setup is).
Locate the shortcut where you saved it and drag it to the Outlook Bar. [sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC! - Marc
[/sub]

Once you have the Calendar added to your Folder List, you can drag and drop it onto your Outlook Shortcut toolbar. If you don't normally use the Folder List, open temporarily while adding the Calander.

Unfortunately Adding to Favourites isn't an option. it's greyed out (although it wasn't the first time I tried - I clicked on it and it came up with "This option isn't available, check your documentation". Very helpful.)

Tks guys, I guess I'll just have to do it the long way.

Just had to do this and saw this post while I was looking for another solution. YOu go t services choose exchange then advanced and add your bosses mailbox into the open list.

After you close the folder will exist and you can add it as a shortcut.

Rod

thanks Rod, I appreciate the help!

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back