Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting a web-style face on a Fox app 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauradc

Technical User
Dec 14, 2002
US
I've been using older versions of Fox (Mac, DOS, FPW26) for many years, but now I'm migrating many FPW26 apps to VFP6.

I have this pipedream of putting a web-page-style user interface into place, but continuing to use all the great Fox database manipulation and speed.

What would make that possible?

Laura

Lauradc

What would you consider Web-Style interface? Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

The idea I have in mind is something that either has a menu at the left, perhaps in a frame, with the equivalent of menu options (perhaps icons). If the user clicked on the item on the left, the right-hand pane (the larger part of the window) would display information about the option and one or more action buttons.

I figure this interface would be self-documenting for the user than a simple tool bar across the top or a menu bar, or even a window with the action buttons on it.

Make sense?

Laura

Mike that link takes me to Thayer's World where I get a couple of ERRORS and a link that goes to THE PAGE CAN NOT BE FOUND
Do you have another link, or maybe the code needed for the toolbar?
Ken F.

tilltek

Not for that that particular sample. Post your e-mail address I'll send it to you. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Just abcdetilltek@hotmail.com take off the abcde.
Ken F

Hello
I would like to have a copy of this code as well - can you send to rbath@esilaw.com. Thanks.

Hi,

I would like a copy too. Thanks in advance !
bestsoft@mt.net.mk

rickesilaw and agron.

I just tried the site and it seems to be working fine now.
Go here:

And select "BARS" and download the fiel called "Outlook Like toolbar"
Mike Gagnon

Wow! Tthayer...what a resource!

Thanks so much.

Laura

Laura

Here another one that has even more demos.

ftp://ftp.prolib.de/public/ Mike Gagnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back