Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting a password on Outlook 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

queball1

Technical User
Feb 11, 2004
AU
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone new how to add a password specifically to Outlook 2002.

Thanks

I don't know about adding a password to Outlook it's self. However you can add a password to the mail store.

Open Outlook > Click on Tools > Click Options > Click Mail Setup Tab > Click Data Files button > Hilight your mail store file (There should only be one) > Click on the settings button > Click on Change Password button > Leave the current password text box blank > add your password to the other boxes > Make sure that you leave the Save This Password to your Password List unticked > Click OK or Close to get back to the Outlook screen.

Now each time you open outlook you will be prompted for a password.

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

Thanks for the reply however I am trying to password the calender. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Are you looking to password protect just the calender, or you are you happy to password the whole application.

If you are happy to password protect the whole application the following my steps above will protect the calender as well.

The Mail Store contains, Email, Calender, Contacts & Tasks.

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

Ok cool, sorry I totally misread your previous reply. I'll give it a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back