Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

puter clock re-set. - this is bugging me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mel999

Technical User
May 9, 2004
GB
Hi, - My personal puter at home op system XP Pro for some reason the clock has decided to be 2 hrs. 20 mins slow. I have never altered the time so how has it decided to lose time just like that. Its no big deal cos I can easily adjust it to correct time but stupid little things bug me when I don't know the answer to it.

Anyone had this happen to them?

Mel in the UK

Is it consistently being slow, meaning you have to reset it more than once?

mel999
A few weeks ago a balloon msg advised me that my computer time was off. A check revealed it was 2 hours slow. I corrected it and it hasn't happened since. (XP Pro) Reason unknown.

Glen9999 - Nope,this is the first time its happened. I have reset it now so will let you know if it loses 2 hours again.

Mel

If it continues to be slow, try changing the time in your BIOS. If it continues my next step would be to replace the battery on the motherboard.

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back