Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Put links over a Flash object? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

susaninphoenix

Programmer
Mar 3, 2009
US
Is it possible to use an apDiv or some other way to put text links over a flash movie?

Thanks,

Susan

Its possible, but I think it be easier to just create the links inside the Flash object.

However if you must, you could absolutely position a DIV over another DIV that holds the flash object.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

I put the flash into a apDiv and positioned my text links in another apDiv but they don't show up over the flash...

See it here:
I positioned it only halfway over the flash just above the Three-Day Intensives link, and you can see how only half of it shows - the part not over the flash.

Any ideas?

Really appreciate the help!!

I put the flash into a apDiv and positioned my text links in another apDiv but they don't show up over the flash...

See it here:
I positioned it only halfway over the flash just above the Three-Day Intensives link, and you can see how only half of it shows - the part not over the flash.

Any ideas?

Really appreciate the help!!

Try modifying the z-index for both objects.

Make the z-index larger for the links, and lower for the flash object.
\

Phil AKA Vacunita
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Try this

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">
in your flash area. You will also need to add
wmode="transparent"
to the "embed" area of your flash.

Phil AKA Vacunita

By the way, if you change the height property of the first table inside of the div (apNonProdNav) to 32px, your menu will drop down into view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back