Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Put hold music on hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktripp

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
On my G3Si, I have system wide hold music. The scenario is a person is a member of a conference call, has another incoming phone call and wants to answer it. If he puts the conference call on hold, everyone in the conference call gets hold music as he answeres the other line. Can this be temporarily disabled somehow?

I contanted Avaya about this one years ago and the only solution that was suggested was a costly $$$ conferencing package(can't en remember what it was now...).

Sorry, too early on a Monday morning. Here's what I meant to say:

I contacted Avaya about this one years ago and the only solution that was suggested was a costly conferencing package(can't even remember what it was now...).

I'm currently in contact with Avaya PS regarding the thread that I have opened re. collecting digits from conference members. I'll run your question by them as well.

You could give your conference phones a different COR that has "hear system music on hold" set to NO.

Ralph

Easy solution I "think".. just create another COR for people that don't want to hear music, and at the bottom of that COR screen "Hear Sytem Music On Hold" put a "N"
Hope this helps...

You could also try this:
Pressing "conference" again will put the conference call on hold but will not allow music to be heard.
You can answer the ringing call and hang up as normal when done.
Pressing the held call appearance will allow you to rejoin the conference call.
Hope that helps.

You can also change the phones cor so it doesn't have hold music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back