Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Push to talk handset on a 3900

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUBBZ

Technical User
Nov 28, 2006
QA
I have several 3900s with push to talk handsets (3T-PTT from TWACOMM.com) and there is something odd with their operation.

When the handset is picked up (push to talk not pushed) the set goes to speaker. The user has to push the PTT button, hit line key, then flash hook to connect the call to the handset.

I understand why it is doing this, the set does not recognize the handset once off hook without the button pushed, but is there any CLS that could fix this? I have even disabled hands free with HFD and the problem is still there minus the speaker.

Another thing is that according to the install techs the handsets work on the 3903s but not on the 3904s. When they switch the suspected bad handset it works fine on the 3903.

I have been experimenting with my 3904 and I can not get anything to work.

The vendor claims that they will work on any 3900..?? I will go to them next if I cant find a easy fix.

Never used those handsets but you might try connecting the handset to the headset jack and then from the options menu make the port on call headset.

That was a great suggestion.

The port on call did not do it but it was a good idea to look into using the headset jack on the set and checking the options.

By putting the cord in the headset jack instead of the handset jack I was able to go in the options and set the on hook path to the headset.

Now when a call comes in they can pick the handset up without the speaker coming on and they can use the headset key to activate the handset.

This should work. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

HFD, HandsFree Denied in the CLS, it is for the 3900s and i2000s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back