Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

push to cell button

Status
Not open for further replies.

afig

Programmer
Nov 30, 2007
US
I received a request to see if its possible to enable a key to auto-forward a specific bridged extension on a user's phone (or if thats the sticking point, direct all calls). The scenario is, there are secretaries that monitor the entrance gates which have a phone that triggers a ring-down when picked up. Often enough they leave their station to do other work and miss people at the gate.

The second part of this request, is that in a case where the person forgets to press this key, a supervisor can also have the same button assigned on their phone (however, they cannot have all calls to their main extension. Just the gate line)

Is this at all possible, to program a special feature key on 9408s?

There are a couple of different ways to make it happen. It really depends on exactly what you're trying to make happen and if you want a status.

If you have Call Center Elite, I suggest a hunt group and have a button to log the user into the ACD (they get a status light). You can rout the call to a VDN/vector and use IF Staffed to manipulate the call.

I've also used variables and provided a VDN/vector to be used to set the variable. Also allows anyone to get status or enable the variable from anywhere. In status/set VDN/vector play announcement to see what the caller wants to do (press 1 for status, press to to enable). They press 1 and if variable set to 0 play announcement stating call forwarding is off. They press 1 and play announcement saying press 0 to activate press 1 to deactivate. Set variable depending on what they press. Play status.

For hotline call if variable set to 0 route one way, if variable set to 1 route another way.

Many variations on this are possible. I like the hunt group login because of the status light you will get. I like variables for pre-recorded announcement activation/deactivation (weather, emergency, etc).

@jimbojimbo , I do not have call center elite on this system.

Would setting coverage on the extension that is being bridged work? So after 3 rings it calls another extension or cover answer group...

You could also use a couple of autodial buttons to dial the call forwarding feature code along with the bridged ext and the ext to forward to. The second autodial button would dial the call forward deactivation code and bridged ext. We did this a lot when the operator would be away from their desk and wanted to have calls ring their cordless phone. Syntax would be something like *3,2000,3000 to turn on and #3,2000 to turn off where 2000 is the ext getting bridged and 3000 is the ext answering while secretary is away.

@Sean655, I'm gonna try something like that

****edit****
I tried this, but because we use 11 digit dialing, I cannot get all digits into the autodial field.

The current setup is a an abbreviated-dial to a number that has a coverage path. the coverage path has about 8 different numbers, one of which is the clerk's. I had tried to set call-fwd on it to a virtual extension that had a coverage path that had r1 with the cell number, but I'd get a busy signal.

if I set the coverage path of the ringdown straight to the r1, it'd work. Im not sure what the deal is with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back