Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Push button code to open another directory on the server?! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triedit

Technical User
Mar 9, 2001
GB
Help, I'm trying to open another directory on the server (containing PDF files) so that users can view documents saved there. The code behind the button is:

method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
Execute("G:\\\\Dell_server\\green\\OPERATIONAL DOCUMENTS\\Quality Assurance Manual")
endMethod

BUT, I keep getting the following error message;

Error occurred trying to execute the specified program...

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Triedit,

I think you'll want to add
Code:
explorer
to the front of the line you're trying to execute. For example:

Code:
Execute( "explorer G:\\\\Dell_server\\green\\" + 
                   OPERATIONAL DOCUMENTS\\Quality " +  
                   Assurance Manual" )

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Lances sugestion is probably the easiest but you can also specify the acrobat reader specifically such as:

execute("C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Acrobat 5.0\\Reader\\acrord32.exe G:\\\\Dell_server\\green\\OPERATIONAL DOCUMENTS\\Quality Assurance Manual.pdf")

I like Lances method better because you don't need to specifically know where acrobat is installed.

Perrin

Triedit,

I'm also a little puzzled by your path, you specify a drive letter followed by the server, depending on your environment this may not be correct. If you get a path error try leaving off the drive letter or the server.

Perrin

Thanks guys, I finally did it with:

method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
execute("explorer G:\\OPERATIONAL DOCUMENTS\\Quality Assurance Manual\\Procedure Manual\\Procedure Manual.pdf")

endMethod

You're wonderful!!!!!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back