Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Push Agent Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev1322

MIS
May 27, 2003
US
I'm running EPO 3.0. When I push the EPO Agent out, sometimes the agent fails to load on a machine. The event viewer only tells me that it failed. Is there a common reason why it fails?

1 - check that the credentials you use to push is a member of the local administrators group on every target machine
2 - check that port 80 is allowed from your target machine to your epo server
3 - if all else fails, install manually (or use another way of deploying - logon scripts, sms, altiris, landesk, ad etc) using a framepkg.exe agent installer
4 - last but not least: make sure all your machines are switched on / connected to the network at the point of the push

Make sure that the ePO Server service is running with a Domain Admin account. This is the normal error when trying to push the ePO agent. Even if you specify an Admin account in the Install Agent dialog box, the ePO service should still have domain admin rights to enable cross-domain agent installations.

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

I have been successful depolying EPO Agent with local admin rights ( not domain admin rights ). Running EP0 3.1 on 2003 server.

This could be IT Admins worst nightmare. Let's assume a scenario that we have some server with lose local admin password. Could a person do a fresh install of EPO on that server, import all the machines from the domain ( the main problem is someone importing all the machines from our domain, without the requirement of Domain admin username and password ) and manage agent?

Regards,

JuniorTech
garora@auburnalabama.org

Please ignore my last question. I would go ahead and start a new thread for it.

Best Regards,
Junior Tech

Regards,

JuniorTech
garora@auburnalabama.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back