Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purge orphaned user IDs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

timroop

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
We have the situation where GP users have been removed from the SQL database users but are still present in the User setup in GP. When you attempt to delete one of these IDs the system reports a SQL error and recommends that the SQL administrator be contacted.

My thoughts are that the user IDs exist in several tables in the Dynamics database. I have found references to one of the user IDs in the following Dynamics tables:
Code:
[dbo].[ASIEXP98].[USERID]
[dbo].[SLB80000].[USERID]
[dbo].[STN41100].[PRNCODE]
[dbo].[STN41100].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY01400].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY01400].[USERNAME]
[dbo].[SY01402].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY01600].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY01990].[ScbDisplayName]
[dbo].[SY01990].[ScbOwnerID]
[dbo].[SY02000].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY01990].[ScbTargetStringOne]
[dbo].[SY07121].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY07130].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY07200].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY07210].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY08100].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY08120].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY08130].[USERID]
[dbo].[SY60100D].[USERID]
[dbo].[WDC51100].[USERID]

I haven't fully explored the records yet to see if simply deleting these (or some of these) entries would be enough to remove the IDs.

I was hoping that someone else had run into this situation and had a suggeston on how best to do this.

Thank you.

Tim

Tim Roop
"If you can do something about it, why waste time getting upset? If you can't do anything about it, why bother getting upset on top of it? -Shantideva

Tim,

It sounds like you have removed SQL logins directly from SQL, but have not deleted these user logins from the GP SQL databases. You would need to delete the users from each SQL database directly in SQL to clean this up. (Not the tables, but the databases.) Once that's done, you will be able to delete the users from the User Setup window in GP to not have them show up in GP anymore.

If you need more detail on this, can you please post back with what GP and SQL versions you're on? The steps are slightly different depending on what you're using.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2009
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
blog:

I found and deleted user from the SQL Security Logins portion and GP allowed me to delete the user.

Thank you.

Tim

Tim Roop
"If you can do something about it, why waste time getting upset? If you can't do anything about it, why bother getting upset on top of it? -Shantideva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back