Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purge Matched AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead714

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
US
Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if there was a purge proccess for fully paid invoices in AR? We're running Macola ES 372...

Thanks,
Bill

I believe there is no purging of any data in the financial modules of Exact Macola ES. I was recently looking at what it would take develop a purge, or I would call it a compress for Macola ES.

You could not completely purge the data, remember there is no AR File, there is the GBKMUT (Generel Ledger Data) and your Bank Transaction File. These two files basically make up your AP and AR aging. Purge the data for AR or AP purposes and you just changed your financial data.

I do think this is a real long term issue! But then again its just space ? Things become interesting when you try to plan for a 200gig +++ Macola Database, you start to talk about some real Hourse Power need.

We've gone from about 18 gigs in March of 07 to 41 gigs this year. The vast majority of that comes from a single customer, and opening the card for that customer is getting to be an issue for accounting.

My guess is that we will hit 100 gigs by this time next year....

Fishhead,

Are you going to Engage? I also believe this is a real issue and we need users to make this point to Exact.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Don,

No I don't think I'm going to make it, but Mike Leahy is going to be advocating for us on this issue.

Bill

Mike is a great advocate, I just hope they listen.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back