Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pure Virtual Call in Outlook 2000 - R6025

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsturgeon

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2001
US
I am sure others have seen this, so could someone shed some light? This has happened on a few different client machines, both pretty beefy hardware, so that is not an issue. I am unable to find ANY information on the MS website for this. I ahve tried to uninstall Office, Run regclean, reinstall and no go. I have tried to create a new profile, delete the old one, and then redo the store, still no go. Any ideas? Fish

"Your worst day is only 24 hours long"

Try turning off the NAV Office Plug-in. This may address the immediate problem.

I have the same error message on a Windows 2000 machine. Our error started appearing after a new modem card was installed. The system is running office 2000 with outlook. We do not use ccMail or Norton, but connect to a linux smtp mail server and use McAffee virus scan. So unistalling and reinstalling Norton or starting a ccmail client doesn't help me. The mapisp32.exe didn't work, and gave a message that outlook was not my default email program (even though it is). Has anyone seen this problem?

I got the R6025 error after installing NAV corporate edition 7.6 under Win 2000, and on top of NAV 2000 (our IT people did not warn us of the possible conflict!). All of my Microsoft Office programs stopped working instantly (I do not use Outlook, so I don't know if it was affected). I was able to fix the problem by first removing the NAV corporate using the uninstaller, second manually cleaning up all NAV-related entries in the registry and on my hard disk using the instructions provided on the Symantec site (search for manual uninstall of NAV...), then completely uninstalling Office using only the uninstaller, and reinstalling Office from scratch (repair did not work for me). I have not reinstalled NAV corporate, and I do not plan to do so ever again. While this does not solve the fundamental problem, I hope it will help some of you get your computer working again.

Got the R6025 problem with Windows 98, NAV 2002 and Office 2000. The problem seem to be only whe using Outlook, which has Microsoft Mail service installed. The REGSVR32 solution by Microsoft didnt work, neither the MAPISP32. Already unistalled and then reinstalled Office.
No mails with attachments in the Inbox, so no virus involved.
The problem appeared at first when the "New Mail" message came up, but now it happens even when entering appointments.
Will try disabling the NAV Office Plugin

Yes, it is definitely related to Norton Corp Ed. What we found was that having a previous version of Norton (ie: 2001) hosed it up. SO, uninstall all version of Norton and then reinstall Norton Corp Ed and you should be fine.

I am receiving the same R6025 error. It only appears in outlook. Double clicking the icon starts outlook, then the in box appears with email, then the error message. After clicking ok, outlook disappears. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2k. I uninstalled norton corp. 7.6 but still have the error.

HOW TO FIX the best way!!
ONLY IN OUTLOOK
insert ms office cd:
go to
E:\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE
(where E:\ is your drive letter)
and copy files:
"OUACTRL.OCX"
"OUTLACCT.DLL"
"OUTLAS9.DLL"
"OUTLCTL.DLL"
"OUTLLIB.DLL"
"OUTLMIME.DLL"
"OUTLOOK"
"OUTLOOK.TUW"
"OUTLRPC.DLL"
"OUTLVBS.DLL
And paste in to:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
(where C:\ is your drive letter)
and to stop the error reapering dont alter the Virtual memory. if you have to alter vertual memory. follow steps above

This was posted @ 3.52pm AFTER 12 noon SO IT ISN'T A APRIL FOOL OK

[afro]

Please send thanks 2

act_naturally@msn.com

I have the same problem with Norton Corp 7.6 and Word as some have indicated above. Running windows ME and office 2000. This seems to be a Norton problem - but I see no memtion of it on the Norton site of Microsoft. HELP!

Also, what is the NAV Office Plug-in listed above.

Here's my story:
1. Installed NAV Corporate Edition 7.5 last month on a data server and 15 clients. No problems.
2. Upgraded from v7.5 to v7.6 this morning. No problems again with the installation.
3. After lunch, started Word and Excel and got the dreaded RUNTIME ERROR!!!!!!! R6025 - pure virtual function call
4. Tried repairing Office2000. Didn't work.
5. Uninstalled and re-installed Office 2000. Didn't work.
6. Too tired to continue...... tomorrow's another day....

Will update you on what happens next. I am thinking of uninstalling NAV 7.6 from the PC, uninstalling MSOffice2000, and then installing NAV 7.6 followed by
Office2000. Wish me luck!!!!!!

BEAST OF A MACHINE - YOU ARE FANTASTIC!!!

I have spent over 12 hours trying to fix my Win98/Outlook 2000 R6025 Runtime Error - through many incantations the one that stumped me was: I could get into Outlook and email, but if I tried to print an email or tried to CLOSE a reminder - wham - up comes the friendly error window and are immediately kicked out of Outlook. I tried reinstalling/fixing Outlook, upgrading to recent versions, and many other suggested fixes to no avail.

Re-copying the files BEAST suggested, however, worked perfectly! Almost too easy - not even a single reboot required or regedit change. Hmmmm.

BEAST OF A MACHINE

Right on the money - fantastic! Three hours of frustration fixed in 5 minutes. THANX!!!!!!!!

Cool! Beast of a machine! Your idea is very helpful.

I have the same problem (Pure Virtual Function Error R6025) with PowerPoint after upgrading to Office SP3. I used your idea of copying the DLL or any files associated with PowerPoint from PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE to PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE.. And it really works!

Thanks man for the great idea.

~free yer mind, cleanse yer soul~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back