Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purchasing Avaya Definity system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leggs

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
KY
I am planning to purchasing a new phone system for our Resort, We have 220 rooms and we are looking to add another 100 room within the next 2 years, I look at the Avaya definity and the Mitel SX2000 and there are very similar with feature a functionality, any one have any recomdation on these system?

Greg,

My choice would be AVAYA...hands down.
- Better support
- Very competitive pricing
- Works VERY WELL in Resorts/Hotels

-PhoenixDiver

Do you know of any resort are hotel that have Avaya Definity Install? I would like to see It working In person.

Greg,

Motel 6 and Red Roof Inns have systems. Embassy Suites as well.

I have 4 Definity systems with over 1000 extensions digital,analogue and IP
in 10 years i have had zero unplanned down time.
also most systems would have needed to be thrown away with the new technoligies and a new one installed Avaya just needed to be upgraded, as i have done they were V4 and have been upgraded to R11.3
If you intend to use IP phones whch will make life easier then get the Com 2 version.
I am hands on Technical, have other systems but the Difinity wins all the time.

Avaya use to call their DEfinity for motels a 'Guestworks.' It is really just a rebranded DEfinity. U still need a Property Management system to have all the features that are needed for a motel system. The property management system takes the customers credit card and tells the telephone system and voicemail to open up a room, a mailbox, and start taking info to charge the customer for telephone calls. Or least the best PMS does all this.
I am not familiar with other motel telephone systems.

Da-vi'do
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back