Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purchased restaurant with Aloha 6.2 in place and i need assistance! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrice81

Programmer
May 4, 2010
US
I have purchased a restaurant with a 6.2 Aloha system in place at the current location Via previous owners everything is in working order.

However they owed a little over 700 in previous Tech support to local office and we need to get CC processors changed over Via MI# and TI# anyone know how to go about doing this with out going through the local office? i just dont have 765 to toss down for the back fees of old owner and the 595 for process change and the 800 or so for programming.

I have a large background in Micros and have worked my way around this aloha DB and i can manipulate it and change the Menu Items and Employees and now thanks to the support on the forums fix previous totals to clear and start fresh.

Any info would be very a handy and much appreciated we are going live on May 19th and this needs to be done.

There's not much to changing EDC processor merchant numbers. Ask your bank if they can process with Aloha and ask for an aloha tear sheet from them, Visanet is one of the most popular. The tear sheet will include all the bank / edc information you need to change or add a processor.

Log into EDC - Stop pos processing - select configure on the menu - processors - then select add or select the current processr, the tear sheet information should follow the spaces in the EDC file.
Change the Store information in that menu.

Select Cards - choose which processor you are settling each card to.
Start pos processing and under functions do a pre-authorize to test. If suscessful do a authorize for a few dollars, then settle the batch to make sure they post. I would also test your discover and amex, usually these are a problem on a new install.

Any errors or questions, let us know.

If you don't have a security logon high enough to change the EDC processors, check this web for security logon dealer password.

The previous restaurants EDC information is in he edc.ini file, make a backup of this before changing anything. Also delete all the *.stl (settling) files in the Aloha\edc\"processor" folder, this contains the detail CC information for them as well.

Hey Coorsman the procesor we are using is not on the list, any info to help? we are using flagship.

Flagship is not listed as an approved vendor supported by Aloha.

If they imitate another processor, then this flagship company should be able to tell you who they emulate and how you can configure. Still since they are not approved to work with the Aloha software, you are on your own if you encounter any problems.

MegabyteCoffee.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back