Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purchase Order Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron895

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
Trying to add a field to the Purchase Order report. I want to add the UPS Zone of the drop ship customer. This field is not available to add to the report.

POP10100 table is the purchase order work table. Instead of saving the customer number and customer address code in this table, Great Plains stores the address, phone number, etc. of the drop ship customer. It does not store the UPS zone though. There is no way that I see to link this table to the address table (where the ups zone is stored) since POP10100 does not store the necessary keys.

Any idea how to accomplish this?

Do you have VBA or the customisation site license registered?

With VBA it is possible to display any information from the database to a report as long as you can create a valid SQL where clause.

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

The UPS Zone is in the RM00102- Customer Master Address table. You have to link the CUSTNMBR in POP10100 to the same field in RM00102.

You have to link the CUSTNMBR in POP10100 to the same field in RM00102."

Problem with this, is there is not ADRSCODE in the POP10100 table. There are many addresses (and ups zones) for each customer withing RM00102. Linking on just the CUSTNMBR will not bring back the specific address I am looking for.

As I first posted, instead of saving the customer number and customer address code in POP10100, Great Plains stores the address, phone number, etc. of the drop ship customer. Poor database design in my mind. I am sure they have some dumb reason for this, but as far as I am concerned, they missed a key database principle here.

Link PRSTADCD in POP10100 to ADRSCODE in RM00102.

The problem with Great Plains is, these tables were design by different companies which later were purchased by Great Plains. I worked for Match Data and we developed Project Series & PDK. When GPS bought Match Data, some of us tried to change the tables but not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back