Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Punmeister of the Month - June 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCenturion

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
US
Nominations are officially open for the
June 2006 - Punmeister of the Month

Note: It is not necessary that the pun be in the Making an Impression forum. The pun may come from any post in any Tek-Tips forum. However, the nominations must be made in this thread, with a link to the offending, uh ... nominated post.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

I must nominate CorBlimeyLimey for his "pun-smithery" in thread "Local Idioms (again)" thread1256-1238930 on his "8 Jun 06 14:15" posting.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

A vote for sbudzynski "Thus proving my stereotype is indeed fowl"

thread1256-1240622 ->A Subject Close To Our Hearts

[thumbsup2] Wow, I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before.

I give one vote each for

donbott
Moist(er)(turer) thread1256-1242017
13 Jun 06 15:14
"Raw puns'll have you pulling hair and climbing the walls"

MrMilson
Moist(er)(turer) thread1256-1242017
13 Jun 06 16:41
"Glad we could 'moisturize' Crystal"

[Cheers]

I second CorBlimeyLimey's vote for donbott
thread1256-1242017
13 Jun 06 15:14
Raw puns'll have you pulling hair and climbing the walls

Geraint

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all

Gotta give a vote for

SilentAiche
Corpspeak! thread1256-1247983 28 Jun 06 13:14
With respect to golf, it's technically a "balled eagle."

[Cheers]

I'd like to nominate SilentAiche for this little gem:
Apologies if my posts have caused "a fence"...
Somewhat subtler than his usual groaners.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

I second the nominations.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Hear, hear, that is spectacular.

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

I nominate Cajun Centurion for this piece of rapier wit

CajunCenturion said:
Tim - I doubt your posts ever cause "a fence"

They're not barbed, they're not linked, no one gets board reading them, and I know of no plans to picket them.

I hope this post doesn't foil any of your ideas.

"If it could have gone wrong earlier and it didn't, it ultimately would have been beneficial for it to have." : Murphy's Ultimate Corollary

Is June over yet?

That the manager affirmed, “I ought to kick his baseless butt outa this dugout, bat, ball and glove!” was one asinine aside that he could not recant!

[tt][highlight blue][white]
[sup]~[/sup] [sup]~[/sup]
[/white][/highlight][highlight red][white] To be [sup]~[/sup][/white][/highlight][highlight blue][white]
[sup]~[/sup] BE [sup]~[/sup]
[/white][/highlight][highlight white][blue] safe on the 4[sup]th[/sup] [sup]~[/sup][/blue][/highlight][highlight blue][white]
[sup]~[/sup] ADVISED [sup]~[/sup]
[/white][/highlight][highlight red][white] Don't [sup]~[/sup][/white][/highlight][highlight blue][white]
[sup]~[/sup] [sup]~[/sup]
[/white][/highlight][highlight white][blue] get a [sup] ~[/sup][/blue][/highlight]
[highlight red][white] 5[sup]th[/sup] on the 3[sup]rd[/sup] [sup]~[/sup][/white][/highlight]
[highlight white][blue] Or you might not [sup]~[/sup][/blue][/highlight]
[highlight red][white] Come 4[sup]th[/sup] on the 5[sup]th[/sup] 4[sup]th[/sup]with [sup]~[/sup][/white][/highlight]
[/tt]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Yep...'twas a good series from CC...my vote, too. And since CC kindly dubbed me an MAI admin awhile back, I'll remove any sensitivity from CC's declaring himself the "Punmeister of the Month" for June by my bestowing the honour upon him herewith (since it's already the end of June from the UK eastward.)

Very honourable runner-up kudos to the other punster nominees, as well.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

I'll have to grant that CC deserved it. He took Tim's pun to a whole new level. I tried to think of something along that (fence) line, but what I thought of pales in comparison. I should just drive a stake thru my heart.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

I agree, although I think Tracy meant to say that CC's immeasurable humor took the fence thing to a "hole" new level.

Finally (avert your eyes, green-eyed gals):

We all know that "four-play" leads to pun.

See you July 29th!

Tim

[blue]__________________________
"Brain Farts" are scentimental
- [/blue]

[blush] - Thanks (I think?)

--------------
Good Luck
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

John,

Yes, the compliment was intended and sincere. I guess I understand why it's hard for anyone here to read one of my posts without looking for a pun, however lame the pun might be.

My reference to "four-play" was in fact a reference to your post about barbed, linked, board and picket (fences). Four plays on the word fence.

As for "avert your eyes, green-eyed gals," that was what I thought was an obvious play on the French word for green (vert) coupled, of course, with gals and fore-play.

Tim

[blue]__________________________
"Brain Farts" are scentimental
- [/blue]

Whew ... those pun references (punferences ?) were waaaay too deep for me Tim ... but I have to admire your "Stile".

[Cheers]

I hesitate to "rail" against you but "wire" you not giving CC credit for the fifth pun?

foil as in fencing foil

Cheers
Snuv

"If it could have gone wrong earlier and it didn't, it ultimately would have been beneficial for it to have." : Murphy's Ultimate Corollary

Thanks snuv, I thought the fifth pun was rather sharp, but I sworda figured that I let it slide. After all, it wasn't in keeping with the thrust of the main topic.

--------------
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back