Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Punmeister of the Month - General

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCenturion

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
US
I think rosieb has a great idea, but how about we do it for the month. We can even maintain an FAQ to keep track of the Punmeisters. At the end of the year, we can bestow the title of "Grand Punmeister" to the worthiest punster.

Each month, we'll start a thread for that months, and anytime you wish to cast a vote, simply enter a post in that thread, along with whatever comments you feel appropriate, and we'll take it from there.

How does that sound?

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

CajunCenturion said:
Each month, we'll start a thread for that months, and anytime you wish to cast a vote, simply enter a post in that thread, along with whatever comments you feel appropriate, and we'll take it from there.

I think it'd be a good idea to have a nifty little flag to place in the original thread along with one in the "tally thread" to maintain the relationship between the pun (beit intentional or not) and the vote.

[thumbsup2] Wow, I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before.

[curtsey] Thank you sir! [smile]

(Ah, fame at last - or is it infamy... after 3... "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy")

However, some further thoughts:

How about you have to quote the pun and provide a link to the thread?

I also think, to keep it fair, there should be rules:

Rule 1 - SantaMufasa can only win in months with an X in them.
Rule 2 - SantaMufasa can only win in months with a Z in them.

I'm sure others can come up with appropriate additional rules.

Rosie
"Don't try to improve one thing by 100%, try to improve 100 things by 1%

Does that include: Zaxuary, Fezuary, Marz, Apzil, Maz, Juxe, Julyz, Auguzt, Zeptember, Oxtober, Novemzer, Dezember?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

I think Dave should be allowed to play only if he types with one hand behind his back.

Nope - both, and tied together.

Rosie

If I "Bott" into this "type" of "behind-the-back" "play", then I'd have to "Don" "allowed" voice of protest.

[santa]Mufasa
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

Case proven, m'lud.

Rosie

Where's the time gone ...

Paul
------------------------------------
Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

Rosie,

Even with both hands tied behind me, everyone "nose" I have other body parts with which I could type my "contributions".[bigcheeks]

[santa]Mufasa

I don't have a pun at hand to nominate, but did everyone forget SilentAiche?

That sounds like lots of pun CC ... although some might consider it a punishment.

Hmmm ... you may have to assign an official interpreter (or three) for a certain member who doesn't pronounce his H's. [lol]

[Cheers]

Shouldn't that be 'aitches (said in Dick Van Dyke cockernee chiminy sweep accent of course)? Cor blimey, luv a duck.

Great idea. But you need to modify the rules regarding SantaMufasa. Dezember is the german word for december, and that is his month, isn't it?

No pun intended.

Perhaps we simply put this as the header of each month's announcement:

Of course SantaMufasa is the Punmeister of all time, but over the seven jewelled hills, beyond the seventh pun, in the cottage of the Seven Dwarfs, this month dwells: ...

Bye, Olaf.

Shouldn't the award be the "Grand Pun-isher?"
;-)

Chip H.

Is the pun to be only from the MAI threads or any TT thread?

BTW ... did you know that sheep have a secret language? It is called the Bar Code. [smile]

[Cheers]

Cor said:
...sheep have a secret language...It is called the Bar Code
...only in England, and only if the "warsh" their fleece, right?

[santa]Mufasa

Santa, that was just plain old baaaaaadd.

santa said:
Even with both hands tied behind me, everyone "nose" I have other body parts with which I could type my "contributions".
Do we really need to encourage this guy by throwing a "Punster" title into the ring? I think "naughty" <-- that's a silent y if you can't tell.

Naughty" is in the mind of the "Thinker", Mr...I said, "nose"![wink]<grin>

[santa]Mufasa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back