Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Punch Alpha into Top Image (Broken)

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsmart1235

Programmer
Jun 16, 2017
DE
Please help,
Using PhotoPaint X6
Would like to Punch a transparent hole into the top Image to Show the Image below.

Selecting the 'Object Transparency Tool (1)'
Selecting Elliptical or Radial. Gives a circular area.
a) Inner (central) radius node is WHITE
b) Outer (circumference) terminating node is BLACK
Alpha is punched into object to Show Image layers below -> [OK]
>> BUT <<
Object size and Location has been altered -> [NOK]
The object has been clipped? cropped? To fit the area of a small square. Which is just large enough to contain the small Radial/Elliptical circumference of the circle.

What I see from the prespective of the Alpha Punch:
1. Alpha Punch into TOP Image inline with Radial/Elliptical attributes for Inner & Outer nodes.
2. Outer edge of Radial/Elliptical is Opaque. But only up to the small bounding square box, containing the Radial/Elliptical area.
3. The remaining TOP Image is FULLY TRANSPARENT, outside the bounding area of the small square box.

The containing bounding box is variable in size. It is dependant upon the size of the Radial/Elliptical area. But it is always just slightly bigger than the area of the Radial/Elliptical area.

I need it to be a perminent size (10,000) Pixels.
So no matter where I put the Object Transparency Tool (1), the full TOP Image is retained as Opaque, and not cropped.

I had this Setup once. But I have lost it!
I dont under stand this program/software. I dont understand Masks.
I followed some procedure many years ago to set it up.
I think I created somekind of Default mask. One that was 10000x10000 in size.

Thank you in advance for your help
----
FIY, The inverse Operation is [OK]
Where:
a) Inner radius node is BLACK
b) Outer circumference terminating node is WHITE.
The TOP Image is Opaque inside the Radial/Elliptical area, while everything else is Transparent.

In order to create a hole on the top image: 1. Go to your top-image-layer, click the circle-mask-tool (note: NOT the ellipse tool)and make a circle-mask-shape somewhere on this layer.
2. Without changing layer, and without changing Mask button, just press the Cut button. A hole
should be opened at the place of the mask.
graphic_ekbmey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back