Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pulling up a user programmed number list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartfliet

Technical User
Sep 7, 2016
BE
Hello everybody,

A user asked me if it's possible for me to export the numbers she programmed in her Phone, and print them out? I've been looking online forever for a command to do that.
So far, I haven't even been able to see with which command I could see user programmed numbers...

Thanks in advance!

It will depend on where the numbers are stored. If they are in her personal directory only on the phone set then you cannot get that information. If the numbers are stored on her personal abbreviated dial list, that is stored on the system and you can look at it under "disp abb station xxxxx" where xxxx is the extension number. Need to get to the office to get the exact syntax. I would expect that the number she has programmed are only on here phone set since that is a simple procedure for storing number.

And if they are stored in her personal directory... there is no way I can somehow extract these through the Avaya site administration software to print out?
Also, when people log into another Phone somewhere else, they still have their saved numbers on their Phone, so I'm guessing these numbers that they put in there themselves must be saved somewhere?

Depending on the phone model , you can try looking at the backup file (assuming you are backing the phones up to a server) the.txt is capable of holding this information.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Are you backing your phones up to a web server? If so you'll get the details from the phone backup..

Yes we are backing them up to a web server! I've asked around here though, and nobody seems to know what server...Is there a command I can use in Avaya Site administration to find out what server it's connected to?

Start by telling us what model of phone she is using and we can go from there.

This information will be in the DHCP option string , or look in the phones menu and find the tftp/http server ip address , also as stated what model of phone as the information that is backed up can be controlled from the 46xxsettings file , this file will also be on the web server im guessing.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Ok, I found the file server address! Thanks for the help guys.

One more question, though it's a long shot I guess. Is there a specific location that Phone backup's would be saved to, or could be anywhere?

Look for the 'Set bruri' parameter in the relevant 46xxsettings.txt file on your webserver

When you find the location of the backups, look for an ext_96xxdata.txt file (where ext is the phone extension). That file is the backup file for that extension. The backup file contains, among other things, the contacts which are stored in the phone. For information on the content of that backup file, have a look at

I found it! All of the backups! Many thanks to all you guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back