Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pulling multiple values to a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin88

MIS
Jul 2, 2003
US
I have a table(product sales), where one field (productid) get it's values from the products table (select distinctrow * from products".

This pull the values for the productid, description, and price from the products table, with the productid being hidden so the drop down show the name and price of each item.

Then I have a form which get is infor from the query select * from product sale. When entering the data into the form, when you select the product it should automatically insert the price connected to it. I does in MS's invoicing DB, but mine won't.

Any guesses why?

You need to do a requery. Look at

DoCmd.Requery [controlname]

Thanks for the tip, I will look into that, in the mean time I got it to work by changing the query the form was based on to include the product table joined to product sales, using the price from the product table and the productid from the details table and it works fine.

I do need to learn the VB methods better though, so I will look at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back