Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pulling a call back from voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
CA
How do I get a call back when I know that caller has gone to voicemail? I know it can be done on a Nortel system but can't find anything in Cisco.

I am not sure what you're asking. I worked on Nortel for years and the only Call Back that I know of is the feature where you get notified whene someone is active on their phone so you know theyre at their desk. Is that what you mean?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

No. Legacy nortel users have told me there is a programmed button that you can press when you know a caller has gone to voicemail and that caller is brought back to the phone [by pressing this button]. Hopefully that makes better sense.

Gotcha. I never have heard of the feature on either platform. I also came from Merdian vs Call Pilot. So maybe you could with that. In any event I dont believe you can with Unity/UCXN either.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

Interesting. Good to know, I thought I was going insane. I am 99% sure it doesn't exist on Cisco, but one of the users insisted she had a button programmed on her "Cisco" phone that could grab a caller from voicemail.

I know how that is. Users get some crazy ideas in their heads sometimes.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

I came from MITEL SX2000 with Octel Overture - along with an ETRALI Turret system, but you couldn't do it there either. In order to even permit this, I would think the VM transfer would have to be a supervised transfer.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

It was the Nortel Norstar system that allowed you to pull a call back while they were still in your voicemail. The feature was Interrupt, and operated by Feature 987, or a preprogrammed button. I never saw it on the Meridian system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back