Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pull Down Menus Doing a Disappeaing Act? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

s050399b

Vendor
Sep 27, 1998
US
Dear sir/mdm,<br>
<br>
I am using Corel Photo Paint v8.0<br>
<br>
My pull down menu suddenly became missing. I have tried the "Maximizing"<br>
button. But that does not help either.<br>
<br>
I have re-installed, reboot, and options, nothing came out.<br>
<br>
I can't get the Pull Down Menus "File, View, Tools and Help" back. Pls help.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
Jacky

Can you even get to the options screen? That is where the pulldowns get set up. Sounds like you may have a serious problem with your system. Is this problem only in Corel?

By the way, you really should download revB if you haven't already. It does fix alot of bugs.<br>

Photopaint is a demanding program. My suggestion, find the control panel add-in &quot;Tweek UI&quot; off the internet. When you get it installed, use it to turn off menu animations (ie. scroll down, fade in).

Hope that helps... and if it doesnt, Tweek UI (microsoft) is still a cool tool to have.

No No No No to all the other responses. I have had this problem and there is a simple solution

1. Right click in the toolbar area to get the menu.
2. Select Toolbars then Customize.
3. Select the Menu tab
4. Make sure Main Menu is in the drop down menu in the
right window.
5. The menu lists should all be there.
6. Click OK and you should be all set.

SNT

When your menubar is missing in Corel Photo-Paint...
(I'm using Corel Photo-Paint version 9)
It may be because you checked the &quot;Maximize Work Area, Backspace&quot; option.
To turn the menubar back on:
Open up Corel Photo-Paint.
Close or collapse any open files.
Right click in the middle on Corel Photo-Paint's grey background.
If the &quot;Maximize Work Area, Backspace&quot; is checked, uncheck it.
Thats it.

It happens to me ( Photo-Paint 7 ) and my fix is a `trial and error' approach of the right click technique somewhat as noted above. I find that the right click in the gray area may first bring up a toolbar menu with the customize grayed out. What I do then is simply check every toolbar choice and click OK. this invariably gives me a desktop loaded with every toolbar, but it also gives me the primary toolbar just below the menu, which will often just have &quot;File&quot;. Now if I open a file ( new or existing ) and right click in a bit of gray area around my open workspace file, I will finally get the customize menu referred to previously, clicking that gives all the menu options, File, View, Edit, etc. clicking on &quot;reset&quot; brings a warning screen but pressing OK will bring back the entire menu group, WALLA! NOTE: I have found it IS necessary to have a file open before the gray space right click gives the proper options menu with the all important &quot;Customize&quot; `hot'.
Hope this helps, HBH
And thanks to all the others who have helped me in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back