Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing Symposium stats to a web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingDave

Technical User
Aug 11, 2003
GB
Has anyone ever published Symposium stats to a web page?

We have a support desk and they would like to be able to allow customers to check our Intranet to see how busy they are before phoning.

We don't want any of the customers to have to download anything onto their PCs (they are locked down to the nth degree).

My two ideas are either to pull the stats directly to the web page via an ODBC connection or to embed and ADD display into the web page (also how would this load the server if dozens of users viewed the page together?). Has anyone out there done anything like this before?

This sort of thing is beyond my ken, so if I'm talking nonsense, let me know.

Look forward to your replies

DD

That would be nice, now wouldn't it. But unfortunately symposium does not keep realtime info in the database. You can only get a minimum of 15 min increments out of the symposium database. All realtime information is transmitted through a data steam over the network. So that won't work. Unless I'm mistaken and there is a magical table in the database I'm unaware of.

Ahh.... Sorry didnt realise it was Real Time

MoMoZoNe

when you install GRTD it creates a DSN which obviously gets its real time stats from somewhere??? Can this not be used?

MoMoZoNe

If that is the case, what database and table is it using? Can you get to more information with a user with more permissions? If there is a way to tap in to this database that would solve a ton of obstacles.

Anybody know?

Not to sure what database its using however I just did a test connection for the DSN and it prompted me for a username and password.....

I used my symposium username and password and the connection established fine. Therefore I am suspecting that the connection is to some form of data stream or table on Symposium....????? Maybe..........

MoMoZoNe

I have a feeling the info is kept in the e* tables. But using a symposium login will not give you permissions to those tables. I'm assuming you need to have the sa password to get to those. Do you know the sa password to you Sybase install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back