Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing Paradox Data on the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SercoSteve

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
GB
Just picked up a task to publish some Paradox data on the works Website. The details of the actual data are sketchy at the moment, I am really looking for the processes required to publish the data.

I've been given a free hand to pretty do what I like, but haven't had any experience of this particular area of Paradox.

Has anybody out there got any useful hints and tips that will get me started?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Anybody doing anything remotely serious with Paradox needs to subscribe to the newsgroup CNEWS.COREL.COM, and sign up for corelsupport.paradox9.webxxxx etc. There's quite a few subgroups under the banner CNEWS.COREL.COM - or at least there was a few years ago, I've been out of the loop for a while ....

I'll publish the web FAQ ASAP. Keep an eye out for it.

Darragh Quinn

Steve,

There's already a good deal of information available for this sort of thing at which also hosts a varity of Paradox related news groups. See for a starting place.

You can also browse the archives of Corel's newgroups from (restrict your search to group:*paradox*web* for initial results.

Also, you can always export your Paradox data to comma-delimited files *or* use Paradox for Windows to directly manipulate databases stored on your web server. For example, I've used the MyODBC driver to create Paradox for Windows applications that modify MySQL tables used populate a dynamic website that's rendered by a Unix server with PHP and Perl.

There areally are several different ways to approach the problem. All it takes is a little experimentation to find the best approach for your needs.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back