Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing my site photo's don't appear 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigella

Programmer
May 9, 2002
GB
I've tried to publish my site using an FTP server but whilst all the words have mostly been published most of the pictures have not and I get boxes with an X in the corner. I've checked the file names are correct and what I can't understand is these files are shown on the files uploaded - just as the ones that successfully appear do - in the same part of the 'root'.

Any advice?

Se sure to check the link on your page refers to a file on the server rather than a file on your computer.
A URL where these errors occur would help if you are still having problems.
Keith

One minor thing to check would be the case (upper/lower)used to spell your file names. I've found that this is sometimes a problem with some browsers. Make sure that if you spell the actual file name in lower case, your HTML calls it with the same EXACT spelling i.e. "FILE.jpg" is not always intrerpreted the same as "file.JPG" for some odd reason.

algraff ::)

I've just found out that if I right click for properties on these images I get for example, Front20%Garden20%1.jpg but when I click on successful images this 20% doesn't occur. Is this any help to anyone?

The 20% is being inserted by the browser software
Does the filename contain spaces?
Try saving the picure with a shorter name, possible your server or your computer have problems reading long file names.

i agree with webpager. Don't use capital letters or spaces in your filenames.

As they said, the 20% is switched out for spaces. Usually it will work anyways, but it is always smart to have all lowercase letters with no spaces. (You can use underscores if you want) -Phil
fillup07@hotmail.com

Just a note to say that I've cured this problem. Many thanks to everyone!

Do you mind sharing how? I'm having the same problem.
Rob
Just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back