Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing for Mac projector from PC Director MX 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

styleBunny

Technical User
Jun 20, 2002
AU
Hi guys,

I see that Director MX 2004 supports mac and pc platform publishing from pc (or mac i also presume).

So I published a mac projector (.osx.hqx file), and burned it to a cd (on a pc) and chucked it in a g4 at work. There was no love, I couldn't see the .osx.hqx file on the cd-rom. Is this because of the cd-rom's structure (being created on a pc not a mac)?

is .osx.hqx like an .exe on pc?
is there a handy walk thru from this?

Sorry to sound so vauge, I havn't ever dont a hybrid cd-rom, but with this built in publishing option, I have no excuse not too anymore. :)

Cheers
Paul.

Mac's native CD format is HFS/HFS+, which are different from PC's. Therefore if you want to transfer files from PC to Mac you'll need to create cross platform CD using burning software such as CDEverywhere.

HQX is a file extension for BinHex encoded file. HQX file is commonly used to transfer Mac files across platforms (raw Mac files will be destroyed if go through PC/Unix). You'll need to decode it on Mac using decoding software such as StuffItExpander etc.

If you can't create cross platform CD, then you may try using FTP server or even e-mail to transfer the file. Or use ZIP disc.

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thats handy to know, my Mac knowledge has gone from 0 to 1, hehe.

So the reason my projector was exported from director as HQX, was precautionary? So it didnt get destroyed during any transfering? I extracted the HQX on a Mac using stuff it expander and i got my lil' projector with the Director icon and all, but it wouldn't run.

Would this be because part of the extension, when exported from director says osx, and the fact that i was trying to run it on a G4 Mac with os9?

cheers
Paul.

hmm perhaps. Though the projector didnt even run, I cant recall the exact error, but it didnt play any of the projector at all. Are their specific xtras to be added to mac projectors that arent on the default movie xtras list?

styleBunny, I have had the same results since installing MX 2004 a few days ago. The so-called Mac "projectors" created on my PC are not projectors, and once unstuffed on the Mac (something you wouldn't want your users to have to do), they don't even run. I'm not criticizing MX 2004 at this point because I'm still thinking it's something I'm doing wrong. If not, then it's a bug with that program.

Let me ask you something while we're comparing notes. Can you press Ctrl +Alt +1 and get a full screen stage in MX 2004, or do you have a wide bar across the top of your stage when you have done that?

Thanks.

dgparker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back