Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing Data Access Pages on IIS 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

demus2001

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
US
I’ve got an Access database that I’ve created with a few Data Access Pages that are suppose to be able to let me get to the database from the web. If I go to the web interface (using internet explorer) from the web server computer (IIS 5) everything works just fine, but if I try to access it from another computer I get this error: Microsoft Web Components could not open the database ‘C:\.......’. It’s like it is trying to access the database on the local computer rather than on the web server. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm working on the same problem but have yet to find the solution.
When you go to the web interface (using internet explorer) from the web server computer (IIS 5), are the data access pages making changes to the database on your hard drive rather than your web server database??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back