Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing code compilers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjinmind

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
SE
Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone out here has done any succesful/unsuccsesful installations with code compilers in Citrix MetaFrame. Like c/c++ or assembly compilers.

My thought is that beginners at coding have a tendency to "divide by zero" or adjust stackpointers somewhat wrong... wich can result in quite heavy processing.
(yes, own experience from engineering school... =) )

Anyone tried this with any success or disaster?

/Chris

Chris,

Have not published such application YET, but am just in the process of doing so for a client. They have VB and MS J that they plan to publish to certain "expert" (I use the term reservedly!) users.

I had similar concerns as yourself, so intend to 'silo' these applications to a single server (I'm in a fortunate possition of having enough boxes to do this), which I then intend to intensively watch and monitor. If they take the server down it will only affect that server and thus only themselves. Well that is the theory!

Sparks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back