Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing an FTP Site behind ISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

yannick

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2001
US
Here is my question : I want to publish an FTP site that is located an a server behind my ISA server, and all I get is an error : The ftp session was terminated.

I have read of course the learning zone on the ISAServer.org site, but it didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Here is my config :
an ISA server on w2000 with a Server publishing rules, and an ISS server on another internal PC with my FTP site. I have tried to open all the packet filters, but I have the same problem. I think this message come from ISA and not ISS, because if I stop the FTP server, I got the same message...

Thanx

You need to create protocol rules as well.
Ensure you have port 21 AND for remote destination port 20 for FTP in the packet filters.

You will need to also create a server publishing rule

isaserver.org is bad.

thanks.... but even if I open all the packet filters (I think if I allow any IP on both directions, the port 21 and 20 will be included), I create a protocol rule with all access for everyone and even a site and content rule with access for all destinations, for everyone, I can't access my FTP server.

But i use a listener in the inbound connections with the external IP address of a web site (that works fine) and the FTP. This is the same IP public. Is it possible there is a problem with this listeners.

I have try also to access my FTP Server throw my internal network and it works fine, that let me thingsd my configuration in ISA is wrong !

I am having the same problems as listed above. I have read all white papers from microsoft and checked out ISaserver.org Also i have packet filtering turned off. Any help would be great.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back