Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publisher won't convert to web pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccdriver

Instructor
Apr 25, 2002
US
We have a 2 page newsletter that we'd like to convert to a web page. When we run the convert to web page, it only exports the first page. How do you export ALL the pages?

FYI: We create a printed page first and then also post the newsletter on the web. Otherwise, we'd just use FrontPage (or similar) for the web.

Thanks,
Charlie

My guess is that Publisher is probably creating a separate web page for each page of your newsletter it just doesn't add a link between the pages. I had the same problem with our church bulletin that I create with Publisher 2000. For a long time I used FrontPage to edit what Publisher created and add a link from one page to the next. Publisher has a lot of bad habits when it comes to creating web pages and touching up it's errors can become a lot of work. I finally switched to using Adobe Acrobat to do the web page conversion and have never regretted the investment.

::)

I just did it with Publisher 2002 and it created the 1st page and all of the other pages were placed in a subdirectory directly underneath it. However I can't edit the first page because it's just a bunch of xml so I'm going back to Publisher 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back