Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publisher to PDF - colored text saves as gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

SARAHatFLFC

Technical User
Jun 30, 2011
US
just so you know, this is a cross post. I accidentally posted it in the VBA section first.

Hi SARAHatFLFC

To create the pdf are you doing this via Publisher's own 'Save As...', using Paper Port or another pdf writer utility ?
Also if you want, post a sample pdf file attachment so I can have a look and try to see what is happening.

Regards

Makonz

Sarah - what version of Publisher are you using ? 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 ? 2000 and 2003 did not have an integral Publish to PDF feature, you had to use Acrobat Distiller, PaperPort, CutePDF or something like that. If using one of those for the conversion, try a different one. With 2007 (and presumably with 2010, which I haven't seen) there is an option on the File menu to Publish to PDF or XPS.
When you print hardcopy of your document, do the colored characters retain their displayed screen color? How about in Print Preview ?

Fred Wagner

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back