Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publisher server

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSANE

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
LY
Dear All;
I am new engineer in CCM, I am trying to install ccm in lab , I would like to ask how can I define the server is (Publisher or subscriber)in cisco call manger?

If any body know a good sites about ccm,please tell me.

thank you.

The install procedure asks you if you want this server to be pub or sub.
cisco.com is your best source out there.

Thank you
I would like to ask if the call manger is pre-instlled on the server at the customer,How can I know if this is publisher or subscriber.

Regards

I would recommend visiting and getting their CIPT video course. It is an excellent source for working on your CCVP-CIPT course and getting to know the Call Manager enviroment. Plus you can always use it for reference at a later point!

But to answer your question, usually when you buy the equipment it does not come with it pre-installed. But it is very easy to do the install, just takes what 'feels' like forever lol. The only way to really know is when you do the actual install and keep documentation. Also if you go into the CCM admin web page, you can go to;

System -> Server

And hope that who ever did the instal put in a description for which one is the Publisher. Also, for best practices you will want to turn off the IIS on the Subscribers.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications
CCNA, Net+
Working on MCSA, Convergence+, CCVP

On early models up to 4.x you could tell if the server was a publisher or a subscriber by looking at the database.

A publisher would have a Publications folder and the Subscriber would have a Pull Subscription folder.

Other than that you specify the publisher or subscriber during the installation....

[americanflag] SPC NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back