Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publisher 2007 html code button

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner001

Technical User
Mar 13, 2011
ZA
I am an absolute beginner on anything other than MS Word and Excel. I have watched a video on how to access the html code in Office Frontpage and have been told Publisher has replaced Frontpage and is similar. I have spent two days looking for the html code button or "View Source" option in the menu. I have saved the file in various formats but no matter what I do I cannot figure out how to view the html code. I feel somewhat like a lemon, but please can someone help me?

hi,

Is there a reason for wanting to view the html? Do you want to code something that you cannot do in the Publisher GUI?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

I needed to see the code in order to add a webform into my homepage. I finally figured it out after watching a tutorial on internet. I used Notepad to read the text after saving my publisher file to index.html. I then copied and pasted my webform code to the code in Notepad and saved the file as index.html. It is very different to the way it was shown in Frontpage where it seemed to already all be linked and you just had to click on the preview button, the design button or the code button etc. Is there an easier way to do it than the way I did? I struggled a bit to get all the spacing correct etc? and what is the GUI you mentioned? Thanks

I strongly disagree with the contention that Publisher replaced FrontPage. Frontpage was an HTML editor. While Publisher can be used for creating web pages, that is not its primary purpose and it isn't a good choice as for web design. If anything replaced Frontpage, it's Expression Web.

Publisher is an entry-level application for desktop publishing. The Wikipedia article about Publisher doesn't even mention that it is possible to make web pages in it.

--Lilliabeth

Publisher is backing out of the web design aspect. It doesn't do pure HTML so the results aren't quite as clean as if you were using a true web design program.

You would be doing yourself a big favor if you didn't use Publisher for this task. 0I love Publisher but in this case, it is *not* the right tool for the job.

--
JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back