Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publisher 2002 "Save as" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmacfa

Technical User
Jan 7, 2004
GB
Using XP 2002 SP3 Publisher, when I create a document using both text and pictures, I get an error when I use the "Save as" function. When I try to save as a 2000 file I get the standard warning message warning about formatting being lost etc. I acknowledge this and I then get an error message saying that the picture is too large to save in 2000 format. The picture is a jpeg and is 16 Kb. No matter what size the picture is I get this eror message. What's happening ?

Bill MacFarlane
Network Analyst CCNP

I've been investigating further and the problem is as follows:
On design types created in Publisher 2000, then opened in Publisher 2002, when you try to save as a Publisher 2000 file, you get an error message saying that it cannot save as there is a picture that is too large. When you delete any clip art the file can then save in Publisher 2000 format. When you reimport the Clip Art file(s) using Publisher 2002, you can then save again successfully as a Publisher 2000 file. So the problem is due to Clip Art incompatibility. Why ?????????

Bill MacFarlane
Network Analyst CCNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back