Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomomark

Technical User
May 23, 2003
GB
Hi Everyone...

I have a strange one here, only if you dont know the answer tho i suppose...

The plan is to publish some applications (.msi) so that DOMAIN\users can install them should they want to.

I have created 3 entries on the USER\software section of my group policy, and created a DFS root \\domain.local\msiapps\

This DFS root has two links...
\\DC1\msiapps
\\DC2\msiapps

Everyone has read permissions on the directories and on the share.

If the user is a member of the domain admins group, then they can install without any problems, however if they are not in the domain admins group, it crashes out and says "a fatal installation error occoured"

Domain users and Domain admins have the same access rights to the share and also the msi files, so it rules out permissions...

The only thing i can think of is having permission to the area the program installs on the C:

Any ideas boys n gurls

Mark

To install the users must have permissions to where the program is going to install. They must also have permissions to any system folder the app may drop files in during installation.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back