Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published SMTP not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipmate

MIS
Dec 3, 2001
US
I'm running ISA 2k on one server and Exchange 2k behind it on another server.

The ISA server is publishing the Exchange server twice, one for OWA and the other port 25 SMTP, same external IP address.

OWA works great, no problems. But SMTP isn't.....I can't telnet to the SMTP port. I can telnet to port 25 from behind the firewall without problems, so it looks like the ISA server is blocking it. There are no MX records pointing to the server yet, I'm only dealing with the external address so far.

The ISA had IIS installed, I uninstalled it.

Any ideas?

Is your Exchange server ip default gateway set to the ip address of Isa server? It needs to be. This would be secure Nat setup. It your server wasn't setup like this you may want to change it. Delete the Publishing and rerun the secure mail server publishing wizzard.

Nick

Yep, that did it.

Turned out there was some previous work on the server, and it had a different gateway.

Good job; thanks!

Shipmate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back