Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published IE -- maximize window

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdemmi

MIS
Jun 6, 2001
US
Here's one I haven't had much luck in Googling but should be easy for you guys.

I have a web application published anonymously via Citrix.

Because anonymous profiles are NOT maintained the IE window size/location settings are NOT maintained either. Therefore when the user launches the app the window opens "minimized" (not to the taskbar, just small). I would like it to open maximized.

According to my Citrix admin the app is published to open maximized. However, this seems to have no effect. I'd rather not touch every workstation (over 4000) to fix this "problem".

Any solutions, reg hacks, etc?

Thanks in advance.

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Not sure if this is going to help but we went through something similar.

We ended up using the IEAK (Internet Explorer Administration Kit) to modify IE.

Joe - a.k.a. Oneworld

I downloaded that and I don't see any settings which control the last window location and size. This would be overkill anyway, since we just want to change 1 thing.

I bet it's buried in the registry somewhere.

-- Jason

Might be too simple, but have you tried calling the URL and setting KIOSK mode?
-K

Hope this helps

That's not exactly what we need. We still want "regular mode" (toolbars/menu bars etc.) We just need the window to open maximized.

Currently it opens about 4 inches wide by 3 inches tall (give or take).

The only way I know to fix this is to open 1 and only 1 IE window. Maximize it. Then close it. However, this information is unique to the user. And since we publish the app anonymously this setting is lost when the user logs off.

Surely this setting is in the registry somewhere. I just need to find where and then determine where to place it for the "default user" profile.

-- Jason

Ah, got ya.

This is in the registry, but it appears to be a "stuckrects" value. A "stuckrects" value had to be edited in another location in the registry back in 2000 to control if the clock was "on" or "off". (No longer works in 2003)

Two things you could try:
1. I'm sure you know that iexplore remembers the last window size that was open when a new window is opened.
You could watch the value of the key
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Window_Placement"=
with regmon and see what the value changes to after you "drag" a IE window to full size. Copy your old value first and note the new value. Create a reg file that contains this key with the new value and have that reg file called when you login.
Careful though, a "stuckrects" Hex usually controls more than one item.

Option 2:
Add the following code

javascript:resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight); moveTo(0,0);document.location.href=

to your URL, example of google would be:

javascript:resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight); moveTo(0,0);document.location.href='
I tried this on an XP and a 2003 box and it worked.

Hope this helps...

Option 1 was my idea, Option 2 I found on the web.
This also causes all page links to open in full screen when you "shift-left click" them.

I spent time on this one because it also drives me crazy.

Good luck......

Nick Soefje

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford

Nick Soefje

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back