Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published Applications (ICA File)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolive1

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
I'm using Citrix MetaFrame XP, and I've published an application (AutoCAD LT 2002) from the server. I've also created an ICA file from the server to distrubite to all my clients (AutoCAD.ica). What I want to happen is when the users double-clicks the AutoCAD.ica file it uses his Username and Password to log him on to the Citrix Server and the Published Application. You can do this if you set up a connection from Program Neighborhood, it's called "pass-through" or something like that. But, I don't know of a way to do this with my ICA File.

Thank you for your help,

Ian

I don't think you can use passthrough with an ica file.
What you can do, is pre-define user settings in the ica file, makiing it also sort of "autologin".
Just add and fill the lines:

Username=
Domain=
ClearPassword=

Free citrixprinting support

(From CTX101796)

ICA File Settings

Settings read from an .ica file when EnableSSOnThruICAFile=On is in the Appsrv.ini file.

[YourPublishedAppName]

UseLocalUserAndPassword=On/Off — Specifies to use pass-through authentication for the published application.

AutoLogonAllowed=On/Off — Used when connecting to a MetaFrame server prior to Feature Release 2 and higher than Basic encryption is configured for the connection.

SSOnCredentialType=NT — This specifies which credentials to use when authenticating to a published application when the NetWare client is installed.

CTX101796 contains a wealth of other information pertaining to Passthrough (or SSON) technology.

Hope this helps - though I've never tried it with AutoCAD.

Thanks for the tip. Where do I add EnableSSOnThruICAFile=On in the APPSRV.INI file?

Thanks again,

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back