Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published Applications do not logoff when closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrippen

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
Hello,

I am not sure what is causing my current issues, as it has not happened in the past. I am publishing several applications (Visio, Publisher, and some in-house stuff) from one Citrix Server to another. The other Citrix server provides the Windows 2000 desktop to the thin-clients. The publiashed app works great, but when it is closed the session is never logged off. I've tried several registry hacks for ending user sessions and profiles settings, but these did not help. Is this a common problem with Citrix MetaFrame 1.8, FR1, SP3? This is the first time I've run the servers with SP3.... Thanks.

Did you check out with the ICA Connection settings? You can specify what you want to do with the broken session..that is you want them to remain or disconnect or reset...
Hope this solves your problem

The ICA settings are to disconnect after 60 minutes idle and logoff after 10 minutes of disconnected state. Normally when I would close a published application, the session would be logged off. That isn't the case now. I'm pretty stumped on what to try next. Thanks.

Are you having any communiation problems between your app servers and the maste browser for the farm?
Do you have to manually go in and "logoff" or "reset" the disconnected sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back