Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published Application to 2nd farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianday

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2002
GB
Our users connect to a ctx 4.5 farm via WISG to launch their published applications. This has been working wonderfully well for over a year.
I am now presented with the need to have these same users connect to another citrix server farm on an internal secure network. I do not want to 'mess' around too much with the existing WISG as i do not have a great amount of experiance with it.
So is there anyway I can through published applications launch a ICA connection or application set, bearing in mind that each user will need their unique authentication, but not passthrough , as the new server is on a different domain

If you install program neighbourhood on the citrix servers you will be able to publish ICA files to applications that exist on another farm.

Look at support.citrix.com to find out how to create the ICA files.

Colin

Your Life & Tech

I am not an expert on Secure Gateway, but in Citrix Web Interface under the manage server farms you can create another server farm and add citrix servers from another farm to this.

You can then grant access to the published apps in the same way, these will then appear in the users web interface window. If you are not using passthrough authentication I think you can have the users prompted for credentials as the application launches.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back