Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published Application Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveK2008

Technical User
Mar 20, 2008
CA
I am trying to get a published application working. I set it up on the citrix server all seems ok.

Then if i try to create it via the ICA client all i get is the desktop.

Now i if i do an application set it will detect the application but when i click on it it says it cant find the server my guess is because it is trying to connect to the application name not the server.

Currently have PS 4.5 and Client 10.1 i think it is.

The problem should be somewhere tscc.msc or Citrix connection configuration (or whatever its called in 4.5). There is a check box, "only launch desktop", or similar.. It is a security policy

In w2k3:

tscc.msc
Properties of ica-tcp
environment TAB
there is three options-i think you have now the first option selected, you can select 2. option!

Cheers
Balage

Tried that Worked for about 2 hrs then when i tried to connect to the published application again it went right back to showing just the desktop

it cant find the server ...

How many servers do you have that host the application?

If just one, make sure you are pointing to the right server for that published app (in the CMC).

Hi there

Hope this is not too basic but, You mention an ICA connection rather than Application Set.

Just to be sure,
In order to connect to an application set reliably, you often need to specify the defaul server browser address

i.e. Open Citrix Program Neighborhood > Click on Application Set Manager > If there is an entry for the Application set Right Click and open Appliocation Set Settings.
[If not Open Find New Appliocation Set, Local Area Network, Click the server location button]

Select the correct connection protocol, then click Add button and add the name/address of the browser server (the server controling all the other Citrix servers)

If this is not the issue. the other thing you mention is sometime getting a desktop. Has the application been installed in identical directories?

Hope this helps
Regards ACO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back