Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published app takes as long as 30 mins to open 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2001
US
After updating the server to windows sp4 all published apps seem to take a long time to load. I have found one thing that is strange. In the event log it shows and error for auto creation for each printer these users have. They all failed with the following error below:

Client printer auto-creation failed. The driver could not be installed. Possible reasons for the failure: The driver is not in the list of drivers on the server. The driver cannot be located. The driver has not been mapped. Client name: (OILYBACKMAN2) Printer: (Client\OILYBACKMAN2#\\\PrintServername\NYC-GEN-HP4600) Printer driver: (HP Color LaserJet 4600 PCL 6)

There are different printers and it is giving the same error for all of them how do i resolve this. It is metaframe xp

Win2k SP4 is a complete nightmare for citrix admins.
This one has been released: And check if your print spooler is still running. If not, it crashes due to SP4, ans there is also a fix for that.
It's the Q824309. Not available public though; you need to call them to get the fix.

unofficially:

If you have any chance to go back to SP3, i would advise you to do so, and lay low, untill SP4 has been fully bugfixed for all citrix issues.

Free citrixprinting support

Reverted back to SP3 and all problems disappeared. Guess I will wait for it to be revised.

I have W2K, SP3 installed, and I am having the exact same problem. Printing on the Citrix server is completely down. The print spooler ends abnormally every time it is started, and after reboots.

I may attempt installing the Microsoft patches to get some relief. Any advice?

>>I have W2K, SP3 installed, and I am having the exact same problem.

Same symptons, but different reason. I think you're running printerdrivers on the serverside, that are not 100% TS compatible. Those can cause the behaviour you describe. Try using win2k cdrom drivers as much as possible, and map the clientside drivers via the wtsuprnt.inf, or CMC printermapping.

Free citrixprinting support

We are about to embark on this exact same nightmare .. Firmwide mandate :(

Has anyone had any success with the MS patch?

Actually, my Citrix server and my printer drivers were working fabulously until I installed the Critical Patch from Microsoft for the Blaster escapade.

So, I contacted Microsoft and they have sent me the Hotfix for Q820550. I'm going to install this today, and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back