Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published app permissions problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITschoolGuy

Instructor
Jun 3, 2002
US
Hello -

I have Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 running on a Windows Server 2003 platform. I have published an application for remote users to access through ICA...it is a mortgage program called Calyx Point.

My remote users are running into a problem in that certain functions are not working due to an apparent permissions problem. The directory they need access to is on the local hard disk of the Citrix server...M:\WINPOINT\WORK. I have assigned permissions that should be more than adequate for the users to access this folder. I have tested them through Windows Explorer directly on the server and there is no problem with reading, writing, modifying or deleting. I have also checked the Registry permissions for the application and they seem OK too.

Yet, when running the app through the ICA Program Neighborhood at the remote location, the permissons difficulty persists. Does anyone know of any settings within Presentation Server or Terminal Services that I should be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chris

have you tried logging in as a user onto your citrix server console to see what error they are getting?
james.

I thought I had posted last night some tools but obviously not. You want to get filemon and regmon from sysinternals. They will tell you where your permission problem is, if it is one.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Hello ascotta -

Thanks so much. I did try "filemon" and found that there was a file lock that could not be cleared (on a PDF file, interestingly enough) that was preventing access. I ended up having to uninstall & re-install Adobe Reader but, in the end, it all worked out.

Your insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you again. :)

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back