Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publish Server Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxfuk

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2000
GB
Has anyone ever published Citrix Server Administrator as an icon in Metaframe 1.8? I tried and can view users but cannot shadow, log off etc.

Thanks in advance

Max

I did, and everything works fine. I manage the farms from my desktop and I use the administrator without opening a desktop. To get to this I didn't do anything else then publish mfadmin.exe from the system32 folder. Only if you are not allowed to shadow or to logoff users, you are not able to perform these options. To find out: open Connection Configuration on a server, choose menu-option SECURITY en select the group you are in. If you have special access rights check to see if you have the nescessary rights...

Thank you

I have done this but I get access denied when I try to shadow someone. I have added the Support group which I am a member. Any ideas

Cheers

Try adding yourself to the domain admins group and retry. If that is'nt working, try to publish a serverdesktop of the server where you are publishing Administrator from. Try it from the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back