Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publish ClickOnce for VS project with crystal report

Status
Not open for further replies.

oh704

Technical User
Oct 20, 2009
US
Hi,

I have a program that have several crystal reports as templates for incoming data. These reports are all stored in the "Reports" sub-folder in the application folder.

Before, I created a deployment project that will install the app files, all necessary dependency files, including CRRedist2008 run time and also the crystal reports into the client machine. And all is well.

Now, it's becoming a pain to keep all the machines updated to the newest version. I know that ClickOnce can solve this problem by checking versions every time the app runs. But I can't figure out how to publish the project to include the actual crystal reports, nor do I know how to set designated installed paths in the Setup.exe.

How do I include the subfolder "reports" with all it's crystal report into the published application folder?

How do I designate the install directory to store these reports, that will sync up with where my code is pointing to?

I search all over the web, and the threads I've read involved setting up CR runtime, which is a non-issue for me.

please advise
Much Thanks
-HK

btw working with vs2008
thanks -HK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back