Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publish apps fails to log off user

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigma99

MIS
Aug 31, 2001
US
Hey guys,
I'm publishing out Outlook, SAP GUI and other individual apps to our end-users. Lately I've noticed that when they "X" out of the application or go to "file-exit" the publish application disappears from their desktop BUT it's still active on the server. You can go to the ICA connection center and see the application still running in the background.
Before, they were able to "X" out and it would log them off and save their roaming profile. Now it just disappears from their view but still remains active on the server.

Any help would be appreciated.
citrix MF 1.8 with sp3 ; win2k w/sp3

Are you users logging in using NFuse?

We found that if the window size in settings was set to seamless it overcame the problem.

Ivor [pipe]

Talked with Citrix and we figured out what the problem was. There was a process that was hanging whenever they "X"'ed out of the apps. The process was ssonsvr.exe and I tested it out by terminating the process and closing out of the app. I published Excel on a server that worked and then published Excel out on the server w/issue. I noticed that the one that wasn't working had an extra process. They both were running excel.exe, wfshell but the broken one had the ssonsvr.exe process. Here is the Citrix document and fix for the issue.
CTX891671

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back