Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public received number issue 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

basherpt

Technical User
Dec 23, 2011
SA
Hi,
In the BCM 400, under the target line, it does not allow me to put Public received number as my Private received number. What I need to do is, For the DN 1278, both the private and public received should be 1278. Private rcvd is already 1278.

I can put something like 1382. it accepts. What could be the issue? Thanks.

What do you get when you enter the pub rec?
Could it already be assigned to another Target line.
Is the Pub DN leingth at 4.

All the public rcvd numbers are currently shown as 3 digit. I changed the public received length to 4 in the last week only. It means no any 4 digit numbers are already assigned to public. At this point, i change the Public received to 1278, for example; it says "Error, 1278 not a valid Pub. Received number"

What is the criteria to accept a number in the pub. received? HOw would i trace whether it is used anywhere?

and to my strange, I can put same public rcvd number in two target lines! is it normal?!

You Public received MUST match what the carrier sends, if they send 4 then you must program 4.
I.e. Under Public / Received Digits Length = 4 and each Target Line programmed with last 4 digits only.

Numbers like 9 for line out, 1 for Park etc cannot be used as the first digit, you would need to change access codes or park codes to get around this.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

under public recvd length, I already set 4. Now, I want to set . 1278, it does not allow me it allows 1381, 1382 etc. here the first digit is 1!.

My sip trunk is just sending 4 digits only,

Anything else that I should check?

This will likely take a day or two to arrange but you should ask your provider to start sending you 10 digits (assuming you're in North America). That way you can select the number of incoming digits you want to match on up to 10. You just select the number of digits where the one digit becomes unnique and set it to that. Example, if the 10 digit you are being sent is 413-671-9026, and say the digit 6 is not being used in your dialing plan anywhere you would set your incoming digit length to 7 and enter 6719026 in the public reveived number field of the target line. The carrier will still send you 10 digits but you will only look at the "first" 7. You will have to reprogram the target lines but this gives you the maximum flexibility. Most times you can avoid changing the Park prefix, Destination Codes etc..

Change the park code to something else than 1. That could be the problem.

I would of said change the park code to something else as well but the fact that it's letting you add certain recvd digits that start with 1 and not others is kinda strange. It could be that they ones that aren't being allowed are actually B2 dn's and they would need to be changed as well.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

If anything. they're likely Application DN's probably used for voicemail channels.

norstarboy and telcodog,
Yes, it allows me to add certain numbers starts or includes 1. What are the B2 DNs, and where can i change them? Also, Where can I see the application DNs used by voicemail channels?

It seems these area could be the culprit, i would like to sniff around it. Thanks for your help.

Several places but the easiest is under Configuration> Telephony>Sets>Active Application DNs or All DNs.

What software release is this thing and is it patched current?

Given everything you've said so far, my guess is there is a target line already programmed with that number or you have a conflicting Destination code.

I checked in the Application DNs, there are few DNs, none of them are similar to which i am trying to enter in the public rcvd number

The software release is: 4.0.2.03
The last update was, BCM4.0 March 2009 R400 Smart Update (Ver 1.0-1.1)

How can i find the conflicting destination code? Other than the 9, i have 7 and 8A under the destination code list.

By the way, the call park prefix was 'NONE'

It is solved! I removed all 250 target lines' 3 digit previously auto added public received numbers manually. Then added my prefered 4 digit numbers one by one! this time they accepted!

Now I have both public and priv recvd numbers are same numbers. Thanks a lot for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back