Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public IP Not responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2000
PK
Hi
I am facing some kind or serious problems & can't find any soloution, not even any kind of testing path.
I have purchased a Public IP & setup my mail server on that IP & connected to the internet 24 hr/day.
Some days before its start that My IP is not responding from outside . i have checked from diferent sites about my MX entries but no use .. Entries are ok but when i try to send a mail .. it cant find any server connected to that IP ( timeout reply), but i am using a net while connected to the same IP. Even my ISP can't ping my IP i have changed the IP address but still no use.
KIndly do tell me any guide line, soloution. or any idea whats the reason for that.

Maqsood Ahmad

You have your mail server directly connected to the internet? No firewall? You should be happy no one can reach it. What type of mail software and OS?

Since this is in the Cisco Router forum, I'm assuming you are using a Cisco router in your connection somewhere?

How are you configured? NAT, static translation for your server, firewall settings, DMZ, etc?

BierHunter
CNE, MCSE, CCNP

Hi,
I am not using any kind of firewall & Router . just simply connected to the ISP through ISDN Line.
The thing is i am using other services like internet browsing , MSN , ICQ etc . but my IP not pinging from the outer side. i have configured a simple website on this IP so some of my clients can see some imformation.But some days before they are unable to view the site becuase they are not getting any responce from my IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back