Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon373

Programmer
Oct 25, 2006
Hi,

I have a public folder with a shared calendar and address book. This works fine on several computers within the domain. I have created a new user account and mail box. The mail is delivered correctly to Outlook 2003 but the public folder displays a blank calendar and no contacts.

It looks like Outlook is retrieving the wrong set of public folders. Is there a way of troubleshooting this?

Thanks

Simon

new user has been added and given rights to folder(s) items?

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Yes, I think permissions are the problem. When I try to access the folder permissions within ESM I get a "c1030af1 The requested operation is forbidden" error message which seems to be a common problem. So I am unable to give rights to the new user. I have looked at a couple of articles that discuss turning off encrption within IIS. There doesn't seem to be a single, straightforward workaround for this error. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes, login as account that has 'owner' or 'full' rights to that folder and then right-click -->properties-->permissions and assing the new user to the folder as well the items under it.
I belive that permissions are not inferitable nor can you use security groups to controll access.Try using outlook instead of ESM. Sound like you the account you are using doesn't have full access. Cross check the permissions:
All the best!

fugitive.gif

Glad you got it worked out!

fugitive.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.